A Storm Is Brewing In The Roxborogh State Park
Robin L Henson
- Title: A Storm Is Brewing In The Roxborogh State Park
- State/Province/Region: Colorado
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Chatfield Stated Park
- Nearest Town: Roxborough
- Brief Directions: ON C-470, take Wadsworth south to Waterton Canyon, turn right on Rampart Range Road, go south to Roxborough Park RD. The entrance is just south of the Fire Station.
- Best Season: Spring
- Description: Roxborough State Park is an incredible escape to take in a short stroll or strenuous hike through the beautiful rock formations. I live just over the hogback from here and go there as often as I can. I can almost say you are guaranteed to see some type of wildlife...deer, fox, coyote, bear or mountain lion. I will never forget the time a deer was on the heels of a coyote, chasing it away from her newborn. The coyote had it's tail between it's legs running as fast as it could and the deer at his heels. They came between my husband and I on the trail to Carpenters Peak. Another time, we were very much on the lookout of bear when the ranger warned of a sighting just 20 minutes prior. Most of the time you will see deer, even a heard of 15 bucks, just grazing happily in this beautiful part of the world.
Note; Arrowhead Golf Course is right next door. One of the most beautiful golf courses in the US, you have to check it out as well, have lunch at the club house.
- Gear: Nikon D80
This Photo Has Been Viewed 395 times
, Natural Wonders
, Historic Locations
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!