Morning Storm Over Grand Teton
- Title: Morning Storm Over Grand Teton
- State/Province/Region: Wyoming
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Jackson Hole
- Nearest Town: Jackson
- Best Season: Spring
- Description: As I drove the interior park road the beautiful wooden fence that runs for miles along it just seemed to scream out to be photographed, so that’s what I decided to do. Now I know the fence has been photographed before and that’s ok with me, for this particular image I wasn’t trying to re-invent the wheel.
I noticed that in a few areas the fence follows small hills and creates short dips that make very interesting leading lines within a potential image and I started looking for the perfect one. After a bit of looking I found the area in the fence that gave me a nice curve without being too steep and decided to return a bit later when the conditions were better.
I finally had my opportunity the morning after the workshop concluded; I woke up at 3:30am and headed out to greet the sunrise. Because of the scouting I did a few days earlier it didn’t take me long to find the composition I wanted quickly started my wait for the sun to rise. The morning was beautiful, the dramatic clouds really made for a wonderful sky however the skies to the east were covered in much thicker cloud cover which didn’t allow for much color to show in the sky above the peaks, a perfect opportunity for black and white!
- Gear: Nikon D7000, Nikon 18-200 VRII, 2-Stop Cokin grad nd filter, Manfrotto tripod
This Photo Has Been Viewed 126 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!