- Title: Mcway Falls
- State/Province/Region: California
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Big Sur Coast
- Nearest Town: Village of Big Sur
- Best Season: Winter
- Description: McWay falls is one of the most majestic waterfalls in the world with its elegant tumble over beautiful cliffs plunges onto the beach and then flows into the Pacific Ocean. I've been visiting McWay Falls inside Julia Pfeiffer Burns State Park along California's Big Sur coast for a number of years but never created an image I was satisfied so I thought I'd try again. While I created a number of images both before and during the golden light of sunset nothing was really standing out as a possible gallery image. As the day's light continued to fade I decided to keep making images to show the movement of the water as the tide moved in and out of the small cove that the falls lives in. As the exposure increased the movement of the water became increasingly interesting and I soon realized I had the image I'd been waiting for.
- Gear: Mamiya M645, Mamiya 55mm lens, fuji velvia film,
This Photo Has Been Viewed 159 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!