- Title: The Departing Blizzard
- State/Province/Region: Arizona
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Grand Canyon
- Nearest Town: Grand Canyon Village
- Best Season: Winter
- Description: Arguably one of the most incredible sights I've ever seen. This was my first trip to the Grand Canyon as a photographer and I arrived at the park only a few hours after it had reopened from a blizzard that had just passed through. I set up at Yavapai point among very few tourists and waited for sunset. It was absolutely frigid and the snow was blowing up out of the canyon right in my face. The light was bad and I could barely see anything through the camera. Then the storm slowly started to move east, out of the park, revealing Isis Temple. Excited, I snapped a few shots off. Then, miraculously, the sun broke through the clouds for a brief moment and illuminated the bands of snow. It was one of the most breathtaking moments I have ever experienced and I'm blessed to have been able to capture it.
- Gear: Nikon D5100, 14-24mm f/2.8
This Photo Has Been Viewed 313 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!