- Title: Acorn Pantry
- State/Province/Region: Oregon
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Touvelle State Park
- Nearest Town: White City
- Brief Directions: Take Table Rock Rd. north to Touvelle Park along the wild and scenic Rogue River from Medford, Oregon.Drive to the end of the Park and the woodpecker tree is located along the path up the hill to the east of the parking area.
- Best Season: Spring
- Description: This "acorn pantry" tree is an old growth Ponderosa Pine in the park that has thousands of holes drilled in the bark from base to top by Acorn Woodpeckers to store their acorns. The tree is over 4 feet diameter at the base,is still alive and well, and is a unique natural wonder in the great outdoors!
- Gear: Canon EOS 7D,Tamron 180270mm, Cirlular Polarizer
This Photo Has Been Viewed 297 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!