- Title: Silent Night
- State/Province/Region: Arizona
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: apache junction
- Nearest Town: Gold canyon
- Best Season: Spring
- Description: This was a shot I had wanted to do for quite sometime, but never could think of a spot that would be unique and less seen by the general public. I learned about this particular area and headed out there a few times to find compositions and survey the landscape. These mountain peaks are massive, don't let the image fool you. For this particular image, I had arrived at the location before sunset to find a decent enough composition. I then took a few exposures to have some nice warm light on the peaks. I then waited an hour and a half for the scene to get completely dark without moving the camera from the sunset position and shot some exposures during the night at high ISO speeds. I then blended the two images together to create this scene. All of the light is natural from both scenes, the pink glow is coming from the distant town of Apache junction, a sign of suburban sprawl strangling this beautiful mountain range. Despite being in a wilderness area so close to a town, it was as quiet as one could imagine. A peaceful evening spent in the desert.
Superstition wilderness- Arizona.
- Gear: Canon 7d 17-40mmL benro tripod, wireless remote
This Photo Has Been Viewed 440 times
, Exotic Places
, Sun & Sky
, Scenic Routes
, Natural Wonders
, Historic Locations
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!