Glow After The Storm
- Title: Glow After The Storm
- State/Province/Region: California
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Yosemite Valley / Yosemite National Park
- Nearest Town: El Portal
- Brief Directions: From Yosemite Village, drive west on Northside Drive, until just before the one-way road becomes two-way. The small parking lot is on the left hand side, about a mile or less before Pohono Bridge.
- Best Season: Autumn
- Description: When I arrived at the small parking area for Valley View, I was happy to see that the earlier storm was now quickly clearing. The rain had almost stopped, and the clouds above this view were moving across the sky in a hurry. I was in such a rush to set up and capture the scene that I accidentally pulled out a hard stop ND grad filter, instead of a much preferred soft edge filter. By the time I realized my error, the sky was almost completely clear.
Back home I processed this image to maintain a fairly even and consistent exposure, and retain as much detail as possible throughout the scene. I would be the first to admit that technically this image is not perfect; however it sure was a dramatic scene, and one I felt privileged to photograph.
- Gear: Nikon D700 / Nikon 18-35mm f3.5 / Manfrotto Tripod / Giottos Ballhead / Cable Release / Singh-Ray ND Grad
This Photo Has Been Viewed 353 times
, Sun & Sky
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!