- Title: Stunning
- State/Province/Region: Utah
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Flaming Gorge Nat Rec Area
- Nearest Town: Manila
- Brief Directions: Utah Hiway 44, south of Manila Utah, there is a picture turnout/parking lot half way up the switchbacks climbing out of Sheep Creek Canyon.
- Best Season: Winter
- Description: An iconic viewpoint in the National Rec Area, but in off season, few see this stunning color combination. Red, White, Blue, just like our flag!
Flaming Gorge received it's name from John Wesley Powell on his famous float trip through these canyons before they were flooded by Flaming Gorge Dam.
- Gear: Nikon D200 Nikor 28-300 f3.5-5.6 VS
This Photo Has Been Viewed 126 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!