Moonlit Glacier Lake
- Title: Moonlit Glacier Lake
- State/Province/Region: Oregon
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Eagle Cap Wilderness
- Nearest Town: Joseph, Oregon
- Brief Directions: Drive Oregon HWY 82 to Lostine. Turn up Lostine River Rd. drive to the end of the road to Two Pans Trailhead. Hike 10 miles up the East Fork Lostine River and over 9000 ft. Glacier Pass to the lake.
- GPS Longitude: 45.9
- GPS Latitude:
- Best Season: Summer
- Description: A September full moon and a crystal clear cold night set up the perfect conditions for this shot of Glacier Lake in the Eagle Cap Wilderness. The mountain in the center of the photo is Glacier Peak. Glacier Lake is about 47 acres in size and is at 8166 ft, elevation. It is very rare to find the Lake smooth due to constant winds. Night and early morning provide the needed conditions.
- Gear: Dslr, tripod, remote switch, camera back pack
This Photo Has Been Viewed 118 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!