Storm Comin' In, Pima Point, Grand Canyon Np
- Title: Storm Comin' In, Pima Point, Grand Canyon Np
- State/Province/Region: Arizona
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Hermit's Rest, Grand Canyon NP
- Nearest Town: Grand Canyon Village
- Brief Directions: From Flagstaff, head west on Hwy 40 toward Williams. About 3-5 miles prior to entering Williams, turn right at the to the Grand Canyon entrance. Drive to the Bright Angel Lodge in Grand Canyon Village. From there, take the free shuttle toward Hermit's Rest, stopping at Pima Point.
- Best Season: Autumn
- Description: I hopped off the free shuttle at Pima Point, a viewing area about a mile away from Hermit's Rest, along the South Rim Trail of Grand Canyon National Park. A storm was heading in my direction so I fired off several shots of the rain and clouds over the canyon. I then took this particular shot and created a black & white image in Photoshop, as I thought it displayed the nuances of the rain and lighting as well as the textures of the canyon strata much better than a color shot.
- Gear: Circular polarizer filter, 3-stop graduated ND filter, Canon 5D Mark II, tripod
This Photo Has Been Viewed 226 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!