Saturday Sunrise, South Rim Trail, Grand Canyon Np
- Title: Saturday Sunrise, South Rim Trail, Grand Canyon Np
- State/Province/Region: Arizona
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Bright Angel Lodge
- Nearest Town: Williams
- Brief Directions: From Flagstaff, take Hwy 40 east toward Williams. About 5 miles prior to Williams, take the right exit toward the Grand Canyon National Park. Park at the Bright Angel Lodge and walk the Soutn Rim Trail behind the lodge.
- Best Season: Autumn
- Description: During my 6-day stay at Bright Angel Lodge on the South Rim of the Grand Canyon, this was one of the first mornings that actually had a little sunshine. In November, the weather is changeable, and my mornings up to that point had been overcast and rainy or snowy. The sun didn't really last very long, but for the short duration it was out, it lit up the brilliant orange-reds of the canyon while the rest of the area was in shades of muted blues with stormy clouds overhead.
- Gear: Tripod, Canon 5D Mark II, 24-105mm lens, 3-stop graduated ND filter
This Photo Has Been Viewed 296 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!