Yaki Point Snowstorm, Grand Canyon Np
- Title: Yaki Point Snowstorm, Grand Canyon Np
- State/Province/Region: Arizona
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Grand Canyon Visitor Center, South Rim
- Nearest Town: Williams
- Brief Directions: From Flagstaff, take Hwy 40 west toward Williams. About 5 miles before reaching the town, take the right exit toward the park entrance. Drive to the Grand Canyon visitor center near Mather Point, and then take the free shuttle to Yaki Point.
- Best Season: Autumn
- Description: It was my last full day in the park, and I wanted to go to the eastern-most stop that the shuttles along the South Rim made. When I told the bus driver I wanted to go to Yaki Point, she looked at me doubtfully. It was snowing rather heavily, and she told me I probably wouldn't see a thing. I wanted to go anyway. Sure enough, large snowflakes and a curtain of gray surrounded me. After less than 5 minutes, though, the gray curtain parted to allow a little sunshine to light up the canyon scenery at this viewing area.
- Gear: Tripod, Canon 5d Mark II, 24-105mm lens, 3-stop graduated ND filter
This Photo Has Been Viewed 309 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!