Bright Angel Sunrise, South Rim Trail, Grand Canyon Np
- Title: Bright Angel Sunrise, South Rim Trail, Grand Canyon Np
- State/Province/Region: Arizona
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Bright Angel Lodge
- Nearest Town: Williams
- Brief Directions: From Flagstaff, take Hwy 40 west toward the town of Williams. About 5 miles prior to reaching Williams, take the right-hand exit toward the park. Drive to the Bright Angel Lodge and the South Rim Trail behind the lodge.
- Best Season: Autumn
- Description: I was all packed and ready to head back to the Phoenix airport. After breakfast at the Bright Angel Lodge, I realized I had maybe 30 minutes during which time I could take some handheld shots of the sunrise, as this was the first clear morning during my 6-day stay that the skies were completely clear and the sun would come out. My tripod was all packed up in my luggage, so I took this shot hand-held.
- Gear: Canon 5D Mark II, 24-105mm lens, 3-stop graduated ND filter
This Photo Has Been Viewed 402 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!