Elakala Waterfalls Whirlpool
- Title: Elakala Waterfalls Whirlpool
- State/Province/Region: West Virginia
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Black Water Falls State Park
- Nearest Town: Davis
- Brief Directions: Behind the Black Waterfalls lodge you will see the elakala trail. This trail is not very long and is easy to follow to the wooden bridge that spans the elakala falls. Be careful though the hike down below the falls is riddled with roots and rocks and is slick from the over spray.
- Best Season: Spring
- Description: A Swirling pool spins below one of the most beautiful waterfalls in West Virginia.
Black water falls is probably my most favorite place to visit and stay.
All the people are hospitable and the atmosphere is like stepping back 50 years in time.
- Gear: Canon 5d Mark II
This Photo Has Been Viewed 893 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!