- Title: White Sands Dusk
- State/Province/Region: New Mexico
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Southern New Mexico
- Nearest Town: Alamogordo
- Brief Directions: 13 miles West of Alamogordo on Hwy 70.
- Best Season: Spring
- Description: The wind was blowing strong all day, so I wasn't expecting much, but as dusk approached the winds subsided and the glow of sunset on the eerie clouds made for spectacular images. The light made the dunes look like soft pillows tossed together onto an inviting bed.
- Gear: Canon 5D Mark II, 24-105L IS USM lens, Gitzo tripod, Kirk BH-1 ball head
This Photo Has Been Viewed 286 times
, Exotic Places
, Sun & Sky
, Scenic Routes
, Natural Wonders
, Historic Locations
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!