- Title: Aspen Canopy
- State/Province/Region: Utah
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Cedar Breaks NM
- Nearest Town: Cedar City
- Brief Directions: On Utah State route 14, look for a clump of aspens that you like. Then take a hike. Get out of the car and (1) enjoy the aspens and (2) look for your photo op. It will be there!
- Best Season: Autumn
- Description: Captivated by the beauty of the pale yellow aspens against the deep blue sky at almost 10,000 feet, I decided to try to capture the way in which they made my spirit soar. While I think the image does that, I'm glad no one actually saw me make the image. Here's my equipment: camera, coke bottle, and map. I laid on the ground on my back, using the half-full coke bottle to prop/cushion my neck. With my right hand, I held and shot the camera. My left hand held a map that I positioned just out of the wide-angle sight line to block the sunlight that otherwise would have produced lens flare. I must have looked like a crazy-man writhing on the ground, but I got my shot!
- Gear: Nikon D90, Sigma 10-20 mm lens
This Photo Has Been Viewed 401 times
, Sun & Sky
, Scenic Routes
, Natural Wonders
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!