- Title: Room With A View
- State/Province/Region: California
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Yosemite Valley
- Nearest Town: El Portal
- Brief Directions: Take upper Yosemite Falls trail approximately three miles until you start to get sandwiched between two walls of granite. Climb the northern rock wall until you get a clear view of the falls and Half Dome.
- GPS Longitude: -119.602523
- GPS Latitude:
- Description: I wanted to try to find a unique viewpoint of Yosemite Valley and had an idea for a shot that included both Upper Yosemite Falls as well as Half Dome. I trekked about three miles up the Falls trail and realized I needed to get higher to get a good shot, so I climbed about 50 feet up the cliffs on the north side of the trail until I found a little rocky ledge with just enough room to set up. Thankfully some of the thick afternoon storm clouds hung around to provide some nice sunset color. The view includes Upper Yosemite Falls, Yosemite Valley, Half Dome, Mount Clark, and Mount Starr King.
- Gear: Nikon D300s, Manfrotto Tripod, Lee 3-stop GND
This Photo Has Been Viewed 1110 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!