- Title: Thor's Well
- State/Province/Region: Oregon
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Cape Perpetua
- Nearest Town: Yachats, Oregon
- Brief Directions: On the Oregon Coast, head south out of Yachats for a few miles to the Cape Cook Lookout at Cape Perpetua
- Best Season: Winter
- Description: Waves alternately plunge into, then explode out of, this natural sinkhole in the lava along the rugged Oregon Coast. This location is routinely wild and dangerous, so the conditions had to be perfect to stand on the edge. Even on such a calm day, the thigh deep water rushing back into the well made for a nervous evening standing on the lip.
- Gear: Canon 5D2, 17-40L
This Photo Has Been Viewed 4833 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!