- Title: Steens Mountain
- State/Province/Region: Oregon
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Steens Mountain
- Nearest Town: Fields, Oregon
- Brief Directions: Take highway 20 east out of Bend to Burns, highway 78 east of Burns to the Fields-Denio Rd going south. This puts you on the east side of the mountain.
To access the west side take highway 205 south out of Burns to French Glen which gives you the north access to a loop road going up to the top of the mountain and lookouts over the gorges and desert.
- Best Season: Summer
- Description: Steens mountain is a long ridge rock sticking up out of the high desert to over 9000 feet. Sunrise light catches the east side beautifully, and spring rains provide the moisture for reflections.
- Gear: Nikon D80, 18-200 Nikkor zoom, tripod, polarizer
This Photo Has Been Viewed 363 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!