- Title: Painted Hills Abstract
- State/Province/Region: Oregon
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: John Day Fossil Beds Monument
- Nearest Town: Mitchell, OR
- Brief Directions: Take highway 26 east from Prineville about an hour to the park turn off just before the town of Mitchell. It is about 6 miles from the highway to the overlook for the Painted HIlls basin.
- Best Season: Spring
- Description: These clay hillsides are uniquely colored and some springs give a bloom of cleome in the crevasses of the clay. The area is fenced off to prevent damage to the fragile environment but a telephoto pops the image up close.
- Gear: Nikon D80, 18-200 Nikkor zoom, tripod, polarizer
This Photo Has Been Viewed 300 times
, Exotic Places
, Scenic Routes
, Natural Wonders
, Historic Locations
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!