- Title: Awe Struck
- State/Province/Region: California
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: South Lake Tahoe
- Nearest Town: South Lake Tahoe
- Brief Directions: Go East from State Line Nevada on HWY 50 about a mile past Cave Rock on your left
- GPS Longitude: 120
- GPS Latitude:
- Best Season: Winter
- Description: I shot this on a sunset walk with my wife, and my unborn daughter Bella. The location is Gallalie Beach on the South East shore of Lake Tahoe. As I gazed west, and the sun started it's daily descent behind the mountains my wife Amy lost track of me, and drifted to the edge of a small puddle formed by the melted snow. Mesmerized by this captivating scene she was totally unaware that I, or anyone else existed, and was totally a peace for a brief moment. It had been windy for three day's prior giving the lake an angry ocean like surface. Facing into the considerable wind I lifted my Nikon, adjusted my settings and pulled the trigger. I was blessed enough to fire in the short moment the sun was in between the clouds and the top of the mountain. The other factor was the astonishing burst of color the late afternoon light provided. Being the off season, the love of my life and I had the beach all to our selves leaving me to work at the suns pace with no distractions. I used my wife's moment of serenity within the image to communicate our feeling of tranquility, and solitude, within this awe inspiring moment. I hope the shot brings to you a fraction of the emotional joy and peace that I received while shooting it.
- Gear: Nikon D300, Sigma 18-50mm f2.8
This Photo Has Been Viewed 123 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!