Yosemite Valley, Sunset
- Title: Yosemite Valley, Sunset
- State/Province/Region: California
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Yosemite National Park
- Nearest Town: Mariposa, CA -- but that's a stretch!
- Brief Directions: San Francisco/Bay area
Distance: 195 mi / 314 km
Take I-580 east to I-205 east to Highway 120 east (Manteca) or Highway 140 east (Merced) into Yosemite National Park.
- Best Season: Winter
- Description: These are the Cathedral Rocks near the west end of Yosemite Valley, off the Northside Drive (Route 140), photographed last May shortly before sunset. Adams and Bierstadt discovered this location long before I did!
- Gear: Nikon D80, Nikon 12~24mm and 18~200mm zooms, polarizer, Velbon tripod
This Photo Has Been Viewed 495 times
, Sun & Sky
, Scenic Routes
, Natural Wonders
, Historic Locations
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!