- Title: The Wave
- State/Province/Region: Arizona
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Vermilion Cliffs National Monument
- Nearest Town: Page, AZ
- Brief Directions: Take US Highway 89 west from Page, AZ. You will drive about 6 miles west and then turn south on a gravel road. The best thing to do is to stop at the ranger station just a few miles west of Page. They have maps and can give directions.
- Best Season: Spring
- Description: The Wave looks as if it was liquid rock at one time and flowing like the surface of the ocean. It looks like it froze in place and left 'waves' of sandstone. It's a beautiful area and very isolated.
- Gear: Nikon F5, Velvia film
This Photo Has Been Viewed 490 times
, Exotic Places
, Sun & Sky
, Scenic Routes
, Natural Wonders
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!