Moonrise On Happy Jack
- Title: Moonrise On Happy Jack
- State/Province/Region: Wyoming
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Curt Gowdy State Park, Vedauwoo
- Nearest Town: Laramie
- Brief Directions: Many rock formations lie along Happy Jack Road between Laramie and Cheyenne. I caught the moonrise over an old tree and some boulders.
- Best Season: Summer
- Description: When travelling between Laramie and Cheyenne, many locals will leave I-90 and take Happy Jack Road. It does not add much in time, but adds scenery and photo opportunities. The backside of Vedauwoo is to the east and the rock formations tht make it famous are on both sides of the road. Curt Gowdy state park also lies along the road. Any of the dirt roads off to the sides provide access to free hiking, and a mixture of forest ( with many gnarly trees due to the wind), boulders and rock formations and plains.
- Gear: Hiking boots
This Photo Has Been Viewed 317 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!