- Title: Iconic Peace
- State/Province/Region: Wyoming
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Grand Teton National Park
- Nearest Town: Jackson Hole
- Brief Directions: From the town of Jackson Hole, follow directions to the entrance to Grand Teton National Park. Continue north on the main park road. Look for a turn-off on the left to Schwabacher's Landing. This view is near the end of the dirt road.
- Description: My thought was to name this image 'Iconic Peace' wishing that one day peace will become as iconic as the beauty of nature we have become so happily use to.
On this cold morning, there were no clouds in the sky to dramatize the scene. As I could not settle on a less photographed composition, I decided to wait until a good part of the mountain peaks were bathed in sunlight. I attached a polarizing filter to my lens, and turned it until the color was at its most vivid. Although rather chilly, it was a perfectly calm morning, and I was able to capture another perfect mirror of The Teton Range.
- Gear: Mamiya 6 / Fujichrome Velvia / Manfrotto Tripod / Polarizer
This Photo Has Been Viewed 323 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!