- Title: The Blue Ridge
- State/Province/Region: North Carolina
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Va/NC State Line on the Blue Ridge Pkwy
- Nearest Town: Galax, VA
- Brief Directions: I would estimate the overlook location for this photo as being between the 250 and 275 mile-posts on the Parkway. I didn't think to record the location any more precisely.
- Best Season: Autumn
- Description: Driving home to South Carolina after attending a wedding in Ohio, I decided to take the long way, by exiting I-77 at the Fancy Gap exit in VA and take the Blue Ridge Pkwy to where it intersects with I-26. It was a beautiful day, so I didn't mind adding a few hours of travel that included a 175 mile stretch along the Parkway. I stopped at several overlooks to take photos, I didn't mind at all, adding the extra 4 hours of travel time to my journey home.
- Gear: Nikon D5100 w/Tokina 11-16mm zoom lens
This Photo Has Been Viewed 73 times
, Sun & Sky
, Scenic Routes
, Historic Locations
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!