Fire Over The Hudson
- Title: Fire Over The Hudson
- State/Province/Region: New York
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Croton Point Park
- Nearest Town: Croton on Hudson
- Description: This was a pleasant surprise. This park is close to my house, and when I noticed the clouds start to break up my girlfriend and I made the short drive to the park. We were disappointed as sunset proved to be unspectacular with the sky looking washed out and dull, however the clouds had great texture. I remember reading a famous photographer saying that if you have bad light, wait 5 minutes. About 20 minutes after sunset color started to appear. The sky turned red, then more red, then even more red. The colors lasted no more than 10 minutes and luckily worked well with my composition. I stacked two grad ND filters then over exposed by a stop to get that nice, silky water and some foreground light. In post, I brought the sky back down and didn't have to do much else.
- Gear: Canon T3i
This Photo Has Been Viewed 47 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!