Seaman's Hut, Kosciuszko National Park, Australia
- Title: Seaman's Hut, Kosciuszko National Park, Australia
- Country: Australia
- Nearest Area: Kosciuszko National Park
- Nearest Town: Charlotte Pass
- Brief Directions: 1.5 hours ski from Thredbo resort.
- Best Season: Winter
- Description: Seaman's Hut is an emergency hut built as a memorial for Laurie Seaman and Evan Hayes, Americans who perished here in a blizzard in 1928. Laurie's family built the hut to provide shelter to future users of the park, in order to prevent recurrence of a similar tragedy. Seaman's hut is constructed from rock and has two rooms and a foyer for firewood storage. The floor is plank flooring. It is located on Etheridge Range, 6 km from Charlottes Pass on the road to Mount Kosciusko.
- Gear: Art Panorama 617 Landscape camera, Nikon SW90mm f5.6 lens
This Photo Has Been Viewed 30 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!