Grand Falls Sunset
- Title: Grand Falls Sunset
- State/Province/Region: Arizona
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Navajo Reservation
- Nearest Town: Tuba City
- Brief Directions: Travel west on Interstate 40 to Winona. Take the Camp Townsend-Winona road to the Leupp road. Turn right and go approximately 15 miles to reservvation road 70. R70 is not well marked and it is very rough. A high clearance vehicle is recommended. It is about 6 miles to the picknick area.
- Best Season: Spring
- Description: Grand Falls or sometimes known as Chocolate Falls only flows durning snow melt in the late spring. When there is an abundance of snow in the White Mountains of eastern Arizona the Little Colorado River creats falls on the Navajo Reservation that, in total, are higher than Niagra. While travelling across the desert, one cannot tell that there is even a stream, let alone a broad river until you hear the roar of a massive waterfall.
- Gear: Nikon D80, Nikkor 18-200 mm VR Lens, Manfrotto tripod and ball head
This Photo Has Been Viewed 59 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!