White Pocket Sunset
- Title: White Pocket Sunset
- State/Province/Region: Arizona
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Vermillion Cliffs National Monument
- Nearest Town: Page
- Brief Directions: Go west from Page,AZ on Hwy. 89 to dirt road 1065. Turn left (south) to the Coyote Buttes trail head. Take one of several dirt roads to the east and proceed into the Vermillion Cliffs National Monument.
- Best Season: Spring
- Description: Many hikers go to The Wave in the Vermillion Cliffs area, but White Pocket, near Coyote Buttes, is generally ignored. The area is hard to find and requires a four wheel drive because the sand is deep and plentiful. I was fortunate to arrive immediately after a spring storm. The clouds were still heavy but the rain had stopped. Sunset provided some spectacular pinks and reds in the sky and the rocks were saturated with color.
This Photo Has Been Viewed 28 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!