Dawn-four Mile Beach
- Title: Dawn-four Mile Beach
- State/Province/Region: California
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Monterey Bay
- Nearest Town: Santa Cruz
- Brief Directions: Santa Cruz is 70 miles south of San Francisco. It's a beach town and surfing mecca, and it's surrounded by beautiful beaches just outside the city limits. Four Mile Beach is a popular surfing spot and a great beach all around. At dawn, it's magical.
- Best Season: Spring
- Description: I took this photo just before sunrise in Santa Cruz a couple of years ago. I was never happy the tonal balance in the shot and kept coming back to it. This photo helped me more fully appreciate the "less is more" approach to post processing. This was taken at Four Mile Beach-the city of Santa Cruz is beyond the cliffs and sea stack at the top of the photo.
- Gear: Canon EOS 5D MKII, Canon EF 16-35mm at 17mm, Gitzo Mountaineer tripod with RRS BH 55 ballhead
This Photo Has Been Viewed 86 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!