- Title: Cookie Cutter Falls
- State/Province/Region: Michigan
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Porcupine Mountains Wilderness State Park
- Nearest Town: Connerville
- Brief Directions: Porcupine Mountains Wilderness State Park is near the west end of Michigan's Upper Peninsula adjacent to Lake Superior. From U.S. Highway 2 in Wakefield, Michigan take Hwy 28 north a couple of miles to Road 519 (Presque Isle Rd). Take Road 519 about 25 miles north to the State Park.
- Best Season: Autumn
- Description: The almost perfect circles eroded in the black bedrock is what really caught my eye. This cascade is on the lower end of the Presque Isle River about a mile upstream from Lake Superior. I named this cascade "Cookie Cutter Falls" because of the circles cut in the bed rock. The photo was taken from a foot bridge crossing the river. There are several named falls on the river upstream from this location.
- Gear: Nikon D7000, Nikon AF Nikkor 18 - 35 mm lens, Silk Able 300DX tripod, Oben BB-1 ball head, Quantaray 77 mm Circular Polarizer filter, Vello Free Wave cable release
This Photo Has Been Viewed 84 times
, Black & White
, Scenic Routes
, Natural Wonders
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!