- Title: Twilight Lighthouse
- State/Province/Region: Michigan
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Rogers City and Grand Lake
- Nearest Town: Presque Isle
- Brief Directions: Presque Isle is between the two bigger towns of Alpena to the south and Rogers City to the north. The light houses are sandwiched between Grand Lake and Lake Huron. Highway 23 runs between Rogers City and Alpena. Take Road 638 east from the north end of Grand Lake and follow the signs to the lighthouses.
- Best Season: Summer
- Description: There are two lighthouses in the area. This is called the Old Presque Isle Lighthouse. It sets closer to Lake Huron than it's newer neighbor. I hiked into the lighthouse in the dark and waited for twilight and the first rays of the sun to hit the upper part of the lighthouse tower. The beautiful pink of the horizon complimented the white tower.
- Gear: Nikon D7000, Nikon Nikkor 18 - 35 mm lens, Silk Able 300 DX tripod, Oben BB-1 ballhead, Vello FreeWave cable release
This Photo Has Been Viewed 116 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!