- Title: Upper Tahquamenon Falls
- State/Province/Region: Michigan
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Tahquamenon Falls State Park
- Nearest Town: Newberry
- Brief Directions: Tahquamenon Falls State Park is about 20 miles north of Newberry, Michigan on Hwy 123. Take the entrance to the park for the Upper Falls. Their is an easy 1/4 mile hike from the parking lot to the falls.
- Best Season: Summer
- Description: This photograph was taken from the upper observation deck. The river typically runs brown from the tannins leached from the surrounding forests but the falls showed many colors of water. I thought the purple Fireweed blooms added a good foreground to the scene. The picture was taken late in the afternoon with sunlight on the far bank of green trees.
- Gear: Nikon D7000, Nikon Nikkor 18 - 35 mm lens, Silk Able 300 DX tripod, Oben BB-1 ballhead, Quantaray 77 mm Circular Polarizer filter, Lee Neutral Density Filter
This Photo Has Been Viewed 68 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!