- Title: Bluebonnet Reflections
- State/Province/Region: Texas
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Texas Hill Country
- Nearest Town: Llano
- Brief Directions: Llano, Texas is in central Texas. It is on State Hwy 16 a main scenic route. This pond and flowers was located on the first side road north of the Llano Municipal Airport. The little road ran east and the pond was just after a small stream crossing.
- Best Season: Spring
- Description: This photograph was taken in late March 2012 in the Texas Hill Country. Last spring was a very good one for spring flowers in central Texas but it is unusual to find Texas Bluebonnets growing near ponds or water of any kind. When I found this pond with Texas Bluebonnets and Yellow Popweeds reflected on it's smooth surface I had to stop and take some photographs. I had got out early in the morning hoping for little or no wind. At first I had good conditions but then the wind really kicked up. I thought I was done for the day and then about 10 AM the wind died right down for a couple of hours. Thats when I found this location.
- Gear: Nikon D7000, AF-S Micro Nikkor 105 mm ED, Silk Able 300 DX tripod, Oben BB-1 ballhead and Quantaray 62 mm Circular Polarizer filter, Vello FreeWave cable release
This Photo Has Been Viewed 50 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!