Changing Of The Gaurd.
- Title: Changing Of The Gaurd.
- State/Province/Region: Florida
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Salt Lake Wildlife Managment Area
- Nearest Town: Mims
- Brief Directions: Salt Lake Wildlife Management Area is 5 miles west of Mims Fl., off of SR46. The nest site is easy to get too as well as many other eagle nest sites in the area.
- Best Season: Winter
- Description: In Florida Eagles start nesting in December. These two birds were photogrphed in January 2013. I had caught the two of them perched above the nest and waited for two hours for one of the them to lift off and leave the nest site. These birds activity levels tend to be in sporadic. You have to be patient and wait for the shot to occur when they are monitoring a nest.
- Gear: Nikon P510, Slik U-212 tripod
This Photo Has Been Viewed 827 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!