Wildflowers At Sunrise, Mt. Jefferson Wilderness, Or
- Title: Wildflowers At Sunrise, Mt. Jefferson Wilderness, Or
- State/Province/Region: Oregon
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Cascade Range
- Nearest Town: Sisters
- Best Season: Summer
- Description: I headed into this area with some trepidation; I had spoken with a few hikers who had been here several days before, and the wildflowers hadn't yet hit their peak. What a difference a few days made! Making my way into this volcanic valley, I was greeted by seas of peaking lupine. The next morning at sunrise, I waded up a shallow creek and captured this image along its bank. Though my surroundings were spectacular, I hit the trail running as soon as I'd squeezed off enough frames -- the mosquitoes were horrendous!
- Gear: Nikon D800, Nikkor 17-35mm f/2.8, Gitzo tripod, Acratech ballhead
This Photo Has Been Viewed 180 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!