Ascending Nub Peak
- Title: Ascending Nub Peak
- State/Province/Region: British Columbia
- Country: Canada
- Nearest Area: Mt. Assiniboine Provincial Park
- Nearest Town: Canmore
- Brief Directions: From the Lake Magog Campground in Mt. Assiniboine Provincial Park, well-marked trails lead to a ridge on Nub Peak where this photo was taken.
- GPS Longitude: 115
- GPS Latitude:
- Best Season: Summer
- Description: My father and I spent 10 days backpacking in the Canadian Rockies this past summer, and this day was the highlight of our trip. The weather forecast was grim, but we awoke to sunshine and blue skies, and bolted out of our tent to cover miles before the weather turned. I had been planning the trip for well over a year, and after looking at countless photos of the area, I had high expectations for the trip. Even with these expectations, I was absolutely blown away by the beauty and diversity of this area. We didn't see another soul on our way to the summit, and I was able to capture this candid shot of my dad as he was heading to the top. Mt. Assiniboine and Sunburst Peak tower above cerulean lakes, and unscathed wilderness peppered with evergreens and jewel-like, unnamed tarns stretches as far as the eye can see. This area of the Canadian Rockies is one that I will most definitely be returning to some day.
- Gear: Canon EOS Rebel T2i, EF-S 18-55 mm lens, Hoya circular polarizer, Vanguard Nivelo 204SL tripod
This Photo Has Been Viewed 88 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!