Vancouver Island Sunset
- Title: Vancouver Island Sunset
- State/Province/Region: British Columbia
- Country: Canada
- Nearest Area: Whatcom County
- Nearest Town: Point Roberts
- Brief Directions: Go to Lighthouse Park on Point Roberts, Washington
- Best Season: Winter
- Description: Sunset over Vancouver Island, British Columbia, Canada shot from Point Roberts, Whatcom County, Washington.
The sunset was waning quickly and I really wanted a shot with one of the BC ferries crossing from Tsawwassen to Swartz Bay and I got lucky enough to have the "Coastal Celebration" head out before it was too late.
Point Roberts is a very interesting place in that the only way to get there by car is via Canada, even though Point Roberts is in Washington State. The views from Lighthouse Park are nothing short of world class spectacular. This shot is looking southwest toward Vancouver Island and was the last few minutes of an amazing and glorious sunset!
- Gear: Canon EOS 5D Mark III ,Canon EF 500mm f/4 L IS USM, Gitzo Tripod 3541, Wimberly II Gimbal Head, RRS leveling base, RRS long lens stabalizer, Canon Intervelometor
This Photo Has Been Viewed 98 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!