- Title: Himalayan Sublimation
- Country: Nepal
- Nearest Area: Everest area
- Nearest Town: Jiri
- Brief Directions: At least 7 days of walk, north of the village of Jiri (itself at a full day of bus from Kathmandu).
- Best Season: Winter
- Description: In thermodynamic, sublimation is the transition of a substance directly from the solid phase to the gas phase without passing through an intermediate liquid phase.
During this winter storm, in the heart of the Himalayas range in Nepal, at 5000m, the impression was to assist to the brutal change of the ice into steam. A sublimation. The peaks were Titans fighting, moving, swift a birds of prey. The idea of this project was to translate the intense power of the nature, the dense paradox contains into the term "volatile mountains". The violence, the brutality of these landscape was beyond reason and reached directly the emotions.
- Gear: Nikon d3x, 135mm f2 nikkor
This Photo Has Been Viewed 46 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!