- Title: Spearfish Falls
- State/Province/Region: South Dakota
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Black Hills
- Nearest Town: Spearfish
- Brief Directions: Little Spearfish Falls Trail is located in Spearfish Canyon on US Hwy. 14, in the Black Hills of South Dakota. It is a relatively easy 3/4 mile hike that descends 110 feet to Spearfish Falls, although in the winter it becomes a little more difficult due to the ice coating the trail in the vicinity of the falls.
- GPS Longitude: 44.21
- GPS Latitude:
- Best Season: Winter
- Description: The force of Little Spearfish Creek as it cascades over the falls prevents it from ever freezing in the winter, creating a beautiful and ever changing winter paradise! There is a strong breeze from the force of the falls, and the blowing mist creates an ice coating over the entire area, adding to the beauty.
- Gear: Tripod, ice cleats for boots
This Photo Has Been Viewed 79 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!