The Call Of The Cormorant
- Title: The Call Of The Cormorant
- State/Province/Region: Florida
- Country: United States Minor Outlying Islands
- Nearest Area: Miami
- Nearest Town: Fort Lauderdale
- Brief Directions: Anhinga Trail, Everglades National Park
- Best Season: Spring
- Description: This photo was taken on a recent trip to Everglades National Park in Homestead, Florida. I was born and raised in Rhode Island and am currently studying biology at NSU in Southern Florida. Being born and raised in the middle of the woods, the Everglades was a place for me to escape the hustle-bustle of the busy city life. Having just purchased my first DSLR in January 2013, I knew that the first place I had to test out the new camera was the Everglades. I had never taken a photography class in my life but was so excited to be able to capture the nature that surrounded me. As I was leaving the park, there was a cormorant perched on a branch close to the path. I sat down and watched it's amazingly beautiful blue eyes reflect off of the bright mid-day sky. Before flying away, the cormorant let out a loud shriek and flapped it's wings before taking off into the water to find something to eat. The photo shows the unpredictable nature and beauty of the animals that share our planet.
- Gear: Nikon D3100 DSLR with 55-200mm Lens
This Photo Has Been Viewed 429 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!