- Title: The Duel
- State/Province/Region: Alaska
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Anan Wildlife Observatory
- Nearest Town: Wrangell, AK
- Best Season: Autumn
- Description: This picture was taken on September 5, 2012, at the Anan Wildlife Observatory, which is a boat ride of about two hours south of Wrangell, AK. This was toward the end of the salmon run, and these black bears were competing for the best 'fishing spot'. The bear on the left had been in this spot for a period of time when the other one tried to share the bounty, and a fight ensued.
The light level was fairly low because this was on the river in a rain forest.
- Gear: Nikon D3, Nikon 70-300 lens, Gitzo tripod
This Photo Has Been Viewed 165 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!