Horseshoe Bend Sunset
Sylvia J. Zarco
- Title: Horseshoe Bend Sunset
- State/Province/Region: Arizona
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Glen Canyon National Recreation Area
- Nearest Town: Page
- Brief Directions: Route 89 about 4 miles southwest of Page
- Best Season: Spring
- Description: Arriving at Horseshoe Bend before sunset puts the sun directly behind the view, so bright you’re compelled to look away. But you probably don’t want to look down for too long. Crawling to the edge of the cliff gets you a breathtaking view of the 1,000 foot drop to the Colorado River. It makes your heart pound, your knees go weak and you don’t want to move. But that’s a good thing. For just as the sun starts to hit the horizon, its glare turns everything to gold and your heart then pounds with exhilaration.
- Gear: Canon 5D Mark II with Canon EF16-35 f/2.8L II USM lens
This Photo Has Been Viewed 58 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!