- Title: "take Off"
- State/Province/Region: Arizona
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Pine Valley, AZ
- Nearest Town: Sedona
- Brief Directions: Drive on 179hwy south towrds Phoenix from Sedona , AZ, when entering the Village of OakCreek, turn left onto Jacks Canyon Rd. and travel about 3 miles towards Pine Valley...
- Best Season: Winter
- Description: "Coopers Hawk" launching from tree top.
I was driving actually shooting the winter runoff in normally dry canyons in central AZ. I saw this guy in tree top, far off roadway, I passed by him and turned around on highway, parked vehicle, crossed the road with cam in hand, squatted down in bushes and took some still photos, as i slowly started to move towards him he launched, i had set Nikon D2X to focus tracking in case he did fly away, sure enough he launched and I tracked him as far as i could shooting about 30 frames as fast as cam will shoot. After returning home and looking through pics, I was pleased to find this one capture , my only regret was the distance and I only hd my 70-200mm with me...
- Gear: Nikon D2X,AF-S VR 70-200mm f/2.8 IF Nikkor ,
This Photo Has Been Viewed 117 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!