- Title: Ice Fishing
- State/Province/Region: Utah
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Salt Lake city
- Nearest Town: Provo
- Brief Directions: Head to Provo city and drive toward to Heber city. The deer creek reservoir is alongside the road towards Heber city in the Greater Salt lake area, Utah.
- Best Season: Winter
- Description: With sub -6F temperatures and constant inversions over the valley the Wasatch front was pretty much an Ice box with all the lakes around frozen solid, Perfect for Ice fishing. So we decided to head out for some Ice fishing on one of the recent weekends with the hope of catching some trout. The weather was perfect, skies were opening up and the sun was out in the blue skies for the first time in a couple of weeks that month. While it turned out we weren't lucky that day in terms of catching some fish I sure was happy I had my camera and gear alongside and got some interesting play of the light over the ice sheets and the clouds on the mountains. While we were Ice fishing as a group, I saw this gentle man far off fishing all by himself and realized it made for an interesting winter shot. This was taken over Deer creek reservoir in the month of February.
- Gear: Canon EOS 60D with 18-135mm canon
This Photo Has Been Viewed 218 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!