"pea Soup Rising"
- Title: "pea Soup Rising"
- State/Province/Region: Virginia
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Great Falls National Park
- Nearest Town: Great Falls
- Brief Directions: Washington DC Beltway (I-495)
Take exit 44 for Route 193, Georgetown Pike.
At the top of the exit ramp, there is a traffic light. If you are exiting from I-495 South, coming from Maryland and the George Washington Memorial Parkway, take a right at the light onto Route 193 West. If you are coming from I-495 North (the Inner Loop) from points south or I-66, you will take a left at the traffic light onto Route 193 West. About three miles down the road, you will come to another traffic light at the intersection of Old Dominion Dr. At the traffic light, you will see a sign for the park. Make a right at the light. Old Dominion Drive will dead end at our entrance station, about one mile down the road.
- Best Season: Spring
- Description: At Great Falls, the Potomac River builds up speed and force as it falls over a series of steep, jagged rocks and flows through the narrow Mather Gorge on it's way into Washington DC. Early morning fog on a mild winter day allowed for this ethereal scene to unfold.
- Gear: Canon 5D II, Canon EF 28-300 @105, Singh Ray Vari-ND
This Photo Has Been Viewed 100 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!