- Title: Soaring Galapagos Hawk
- Country: Ecuador
- Nearest Area: Galapagos Islands
- Nearest Town: None
- Brief Directions: Espanola Island
- Best Season: Summer
- Description: "The Airport", so-named because albatrosses leap of a cliff there on Espanola Island, is where winds from the sea meet the cliff causing an updraft in which birds can "float." This hawk, its own Galapagos subspecies, soared closely in front well above the crashing Pacific Ocean.
- Gear: Nikon D300, Nikkor 80-400 mm lens, Handheld
This Photo Has Been Viewed 74 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!