Extremely Endangered Rothschild's Giraffe Full Frontal In The Wild
- Title: Extremely Endangered Rothschild's Giraffe Full Frontal In The Wild
- Country: Kenya
- Nearest Area: Lambwe Valley
- Nearest Town: Homa Bay
- Brief Directions: Fly to Nairobi, Kenya... if you are coming from Washington State like me, this will take you a few days, a stopover in New York, and another somewhere in Europe. From there you will take a 7 hour bus ride to Kisumu over rutted dirt roads, before finally taking a boda-boda or tuk-tuk the last stretch out to Dunga. There you will hang out at an orphanage for a month or so before taking a bus from Kisumu to Homa Bay, than hiring a taxi to drive you to and through the park. There's probably a quicker way, but that's my route!
- Description: The Rothschild's Giraffe is one of the most endangered subspecies of Giraffe, existing in only a few national parks. Ruma National Park in the Lambwe Valley is one of the smallest in Kenya, and is seldom visited by tourists. This one was so unafraid that I had to switch to wide angle to get him all into the frame. Beautiful creatures, they have incredibly liquid eyes with long eyelashes, and move with a surprising grace.
- Gear: Nikon D70s, Nikkor 18-70mm dx, Adobe Camera Raw
This Photo Has Been Viewed 99 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!