Yosemite Valley - Cirrus Clouds
- Title: Yosemite Valley - Cirrus Clouds
- State/Province/Region: California
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Yosemite National Park
- Nearest Town: Yosemite, CA
- Best Season: Spring
- Description: I decided to go with a "left-shift" for framing this classic vlew of the valley. The light exposing the ridge leading down to El Cap was one factor, but the main reason were the "cirrus uncinus."
These clouds occur at very high altitudes( above 23,000 ft.) and at very cold temps. They are generally seen when a warm or occluded front is approaching.
- Gear: Canon 7D
This Photo Has Been Viewed 118 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!